Some of the achievements of the society are as under-
- An amount of Rs. 54,167 contributed by the members of the society was sent to Bihar, Chief Minister Relief fund to help flood victims of Bihar.
- A library was opened in shopping Complex of Beta II, Gr. Noida on 26.1.2009 which is being maintained & operated by the members of the Society. Citizens of Greater Noida are requested to become the members of the library for which application form may be obtained from library on any working day. The annual fee is Rs. 200 for the annual member and Rs1000/- as life member fee. Fee for the students Rs100/- has been fixed. Many books of different topics are available in the library. News papers (Hindi English ) employment news bulletin and some other magazines have been made available regularly for the daily readers
- Four souvenirs; 2008 ,2009,2011& 2012 have been published and distributed among the members of the society as well as to the advertisers. Copies have been sent to the Honble Chief Minister U.P. and other cabinet Ministers, Distts Authorities like D.M. S.S.P, C.D.O, C.E.O and Chairman of the Pradhikarns etc and these are available in the library also .
- Plastic Photo Identify cards are being issued to the members . This also enables the members to get medical treatment at confessional rate in the private hospitals as they have agreed to provide consessional Rates.
- Republic and Independence days are celebrated every year in a graceful manner by the members of the Samaj at the Library premises
- Cultural programs have also been organized on the national holidays and the prizes were given to the participants in cultural activities for their encouragement.
- Website of the society has been created with the help of parichowk.com in the name of www.parichowk.com /varishtha.aspx
- For some of the new welfare activities such as security of the senior citizens, provision of old age homes, concession in U.P. Roadway Bus fare and implementation of “Mata-Pita Avam Varishtha Nagrik Bharan Posahan Adhiniyaum 2007” in U.P., the Chief Minister of U.P. has been requested.
- For opening of C.G.H.S. Dispensary in Greater Noida the Society has made sincere efforts. Now the dispensary has been sencitioned and the site is now finalized in P-3 shopping complex for opening earliest .
- The Minister of Railways has been requested to reserve one Boggi in each train of the country for the senior citizens as they are unable to get the seat due to rush of the passengers in the trains .
- The Financé Minister has been requested for allowing 1% as an additional interest in place of 0.5% on fixed deposits. He has also been requested for 1% additional interest on PPF. accounts as no incentive in interest is being given on this deposit so far.
- The prime minister has been requested for constituting Varishtha Nagrik Ayog for their well fare.
- International Senior Citizens Day scheduled on Oct. 1st has been celebrated in YMCA. Greater Noida this year. In the morning session members took part in sports activities and in evening session Adhyatm Charcha, Kavi Sammelan, Laughing program were organized.The Senior most members were honored with shawl and the boques presented to them by the Chief Guest and the President of the Society. The youth of Greater Noida City also honored the members of the Society. The prizes to the winners were distributed by the Chief Guest Shri Dilip Williums Chairman of YMCA in 2009 and by Shri S.N Jha IAS in 2011. During 2010the Senior Citizen day was celebrated in Gujar Bhawan Gr. Noida. The Chief Guest was Shri Jagannath Singh IAS.
- Thus the society is committed to look after the welfare of the members through Office Bearers and Executive Members of the society elected by General Body in April after every two years financial year and with full support of its members. For further derails contact Mob. No. 9971904449/9911604300
- Free Medical Camps and Seminars are being arranged every year since 2009 for providing health checkup and treatment of the members and their family members.
Name of the society:- The name of society shall be “Varishtha Nagarik Samaj”
Registered Office: The registered office of the society shall be at Flat – 164, Akrit Aptts. Plot No -6, Sec-4, Dwarka, New Delhi- 110078.
Area of operation: The area of operation of the society shall be All India.
a. Aims & Objectives:-
The society shall remain a non-political, non profitable and a secular organization.
It shall endeavour to take adequate and effective measures for alround health care and welfare of senior citizens together with providing a platform to the elder citizens for utilization and use of their valuable experience, talents and abilities for the benefit of the society and senior citizens in particular, by organizing and conducting seminars, workshops, training programs, demonstrations, shows, lectures etc.
It shall endeavor to protect the interest of its members from harassment and cruel behavior of vested interests.
To seek information under provisions of relevant Act regarding projects/ schemes concerning welfare of senior citizens from appropriate department/ authority and ensure receipt thereof.
With a view to ensure security and welfare of senior citizens, matters, as and when, required to be taken up with competent authorities and also seek representation in decision making bodies
To endeavor to render financial and physical assistance to members in need for discharging their social obligation and to organize a separate monetory fund for the purpose
To provide free legal aid to the needy and poor persons for the redressal of their grievances at the concerned forums.
To Make efforts to get old age home/community centres/libraries, dispansaries established at appropriate places of senior citizens, destitute and helpless with suitable recreative activities concerning their fitness of mind & body.
To emphasize the importance of “Yoga” and experience its advantages over mind and body to attain complete peace and spiritual power for stress control and a value based life.
To organize cultural programs related to Indian classical, Folk arts/ performing arts , music, songs, painting, handicrafts and also sports, indoor and outdoor activities.
To promote the human value in education system for coming generation and help financially talented younger generation in pursuits of their education.
Name of the society: The name of society shall be “Varishtha Nagrik Samaj”
Membership defined: The term “Member” shall be referred to any male or female having crossed the age of 60 years residing anywhere in India and physically, mentally and morally fit.
a. Admission and qualification for membership: As in Para 2. the person should have a healthy state of mind enjoying social repute and free from any habit of addiction with good behavior and social etiquettes.
- Life members (paidup)
- Annual members (Paidup)
- Patron Member: (Non Member) Patron Membership to be given to respectable individual of great repute, senior corporate and person having excellence in any field with philanthropic outlook. Patron shall be nominated by the president in consultation with the Governing Body/Executive Committee from time to time. Executive Committee will decide the number of Patrons as and when so required. (Not exceeding-2) Patrons Members shall be honorary members.
- a. (i) Registration Fee : Rs. 100/- along with prescribed application form
- Contribution/Donations: The society shall accept contributions and donations from India as well as abroad from any individual/ organization for the welfare activities of senior citizens under proper printed receipt subject to rules and regulation as permitted.
- Termination/cessation of membership: Annual membership/ life membership shall cease due to any of the following reasons as per decision taken by the executive committee.
- Having criminal background or any criminal case pending in the court of law.
- Medically declared insane or mentally unfit.
- On non-payment of annual subscription up to three months from the due date.
- If he does not abide with directives of executive body or rules & regulations, envisaged in the constitution or acts contrary to the aims and objectives of the organization.
- If found involved in anti – social/ anti national / communal /illicit activities and becomes a public nuisance.
- If found involved in addictions and drugs and sets a bad social example.
- If he tenders resignation from his membership and the same is accepted in writing by the Executive Committee.
- Appeal and re-admission of member:-
- A member can appeal for readmission on termination through his written reply against the termination letter and satisfying the charges stipulated in termination letter. If executive committee finds his reply up to satisfaction, he can be readmitted to the organization.
- If the executive committee is satisfied, the reasons for nonpayment of subscription / arrears / dues towards the organization, the member can be readmitted back to the organization on payment of all dues / arrears upto date.
- All decisions of executive committee regarding termination and readmission shall be communicated to the members concerned in writing.
- Rights, privileges and duties of members:-
- Managing / Governing Body/ Executive Committee:-
- The body upon whom the responsibility for fulfillment of the aims and objectives of the society is vested and corresponding actions / activities taken there of shall be defined as Managing/ Governing Body/E.C of the society. It can also be referred as Executive Committee of the organization.
- The term of the Executive Committee / Governing Body shall be two Financial Years. In special cases the term of existing body may be extended up to two months.
- The minimum and maximum strength of the executive/ governing body shall be 16 & 21 respectively.
- Composition of Governing Body. The governing body shall constitute the following positions.
- Office Bearers: No. of Post
Vice President 1
General Secretary 1
Joint Secretary 1
- Executive Members 16
- Financial year: The financial year of the organization shall be from 1st April to 31st March of the succeeding year.
- Final list of all paid up member (up to date) must be displayed by 2nd week of March before the commencement of the new term. Nominations/ approval/ final list of nominated members for election in governing body must be displayed by the 3rd week of march and the election be conducted in General Body meeting preferably by 1st week of April. The election can be either by show of hands or secret ballots as decided by General Body meeting. A member shall be debarred from voting/contesting the election due to pending dues.
- An election officer shall be nominated by the president in consultation with the executive committee during January for the coming election year only who shall be responsible for free and fair election of the Governing Body/ Executive Committee.
- Office Bearers and the Executive Members shall hold the post for two years in one term. Life members only will be eligible for the posts of Office Bearers and Executive Members. A member may hold the post of Office Bearer for a term not exceeding two terms but not exceeding four years of total period since inception of Varishtha Nagrik Samaj. Office Bearers will be elected by more than 50% of the valid polled votes through a preferential voting systems. office Bearers of the preceding Committee shall continue as exoffice bearers for guidance of the new committee.
- No office bearer of any other social organization shall be eligible for election to any post of office Bearers in Varishtha Nagrik Samaj.
- He shall preside all the General body and executive committee meetings and shall confirm the proceedings of the meeting.
- He shall maintain law and order and decorum during the meeting and exercise his absolute control/powers for peaceful and disciplined code of conduct to carry out business of the meeting.
- He shall approve all members’ admissions/expenses, pass vouchers after verification by the General Secretary.
- He shall ensure the strict observance of society’s constitution, its objective and use his powers accordingly.
- He is empowered to convene emergency General Body/Governing body meetings and direct the General Secretary accordingly.
- He shall nominate Patron members. in consultation with executive committee.
- He may nominate members out of vacancies with the consent of executive committee.
- He is empowered to spend a maximum sum of Rs. 1000/- out of contingency fund without any prior approval. The expenses shall be regularized through normal accounts procedure.
- He shall be empowered to cast one extra vote towards final decision on issues.
- He shall acknowledge suggestions/proposals/complaints etc. from general members for their disposal in governing body.
- He shall draft agenda of the General body meeting in consultation with the president and issue meeting notices accordingly as per rules and finally get them confirmed by the president in the next meeting.
- He shall adopt resolutions in any meeting whether general or governing, implement all decisions taken thereof, make correspondence, maintain society’s office.
- He shall take specific directions from president on specific issues, shall maintain list of members, general body meeting’s proceedings and Governing body meetings, proceedings and other society’s office records.
- He shall obtain society’s registration as per Act, prepare annual reports, annual account balance sheet along with treasurer.
- He shall prepare programs for annual/mid-term, elections, form sub-committee for specific issues with the approval of the president and executive body.
- He shall make representations directly or indirectly, sue or respond to various civic, national, government bodies on behalf of the society.
- He shall certify all vouchers, expenses, membership admission form for their approval.
- He shall bring all issues of termination of membership/ readmission/ misconduct of any member, antisocial, anti-national public nuisance of any individual for its remedial measures in the meeting.
- He shall allot any additional responsibilities to joint secretary and executive member.
- He shall be responsible to promote the objectives as laid down in the constitution of the society.
- He shall be empowered to spend a contingency sum of Rs. 1000/- (maximum) supported by voucher and approved by the President subsequently and regularized through accounting procedure.
- He shall issue all receipts, make payments, prepare Annual Budget, financial reports balance sheets, income & expenditure account etc.
- He shall maintain all accounts and relevant records and deal with financial matters of the society independently.
- He shall maintain registers, income and expenses accounts, vouchers, Membership subscription accounts/ donation contribution etc. cash book, ledger, counter foils etc. for their inspection by the members and keep them up to date.
- He shall operate a joint bank account in a nationalized bank along with General secretary/president.
- He shall prepare the annual income and expenditure accounts and balance sheet etc. along with General secretary and he shall also assist the internal auditor / Chartered accountant in auditing process to put the final audit documents in the General Body meeting for approval.
- He shall keep an imprest cash amount of Rs 1000/- for emergency use.
- He shall apply for exemption in income tax as per prevailing rules of the Govt.
- The General Body/M.C./ E.C. shall have minimum quorum of 1/3rd of its members while decision on mid – term election , constitution amendments, no confidence motion dissolution etc. shall require 2/3rd of the members present. In other cases simple majority will decide the matters under consideration.
- Ordinary meetings in special cases can be held without taking into consideration of the minimum quorum, but only after waiting for a minimum of ½ an hour. In cases of special meetings such as election, constitution amendments, no confidence motion, dissolution etc, if quorum is not complete, the waiting period shall be 1 hour.
- A minimum of 15 days notice in writing shall be required for general body meeting. However, in special cases, General body meeting may also be called at short Notice.
- The Governing body/M.C/ EC meeting shall be held at least 6 times in a year. The notice period shall be 7 days.
- Admission fee
- Contribution/donation in Indian as well as foreign exchange.
- Donation of moveable and immovable property to organization.
- Interest on the deposit fixed assets or through any other income.
- Inspect all the accounts and their relevant records with the treasurer and audit and prepare the final statement of account in coordination with the treasurer
- He shall put up the audited accounts before the executive committee who shall put it up before the annual general body meeting for its approval.
- The internal auditor shall not take part in any other proceedings of the executive committee meeting.
Help line No : 7838566694
E mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
President Shri R K Yadav, 9999970283-01204354025.
Vice President Shri Supritim Kundu 9818908063-9313286526.
Gen. Secy. Shri Rampal Singh 9918914674-0120234265
Jt. Secy. Shri Jiley Singh 9971229222-01202322331.
Treasurer Wing Comm. J K Srivastav 9716139839
This NGO is working towards the welfare of Senior Citizens in Greater Noida...and making an effort to expand its activities to the national level...This NGo has about 450members....in its meeting on 11/03/12 at Rail Vihar Alpha I ...This NGO has released its souvenir..by Shri S.N. Jha IAS (Ex Agricultural Production Commissioner UP
VARISHTHA NAGRIK SAMAJ – A SOCIETY
VARISHTHA NAGRIK SAMAJ (REGD.)
Redg. Office Flat No. 164, Akriti Aptts, Plot No. -6, Sec-4, Dwarika, New Delhi (110078)
Membership No. Allotted:
Date of Joining---------------
Application Form for Membership
(As on 11/03/12 in General Body meeting & Regd. In Registrar Office on 17/05/12)
MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION
(Varishtha Nagrik Samaj Society Regd Office at Flat – 164,Akriti Aptts,
Plot No. – 6, Sec-4, Dwarka, New Delhi -110078)
4 b. Sources of Income:
For the purpose of maintaining adequate finances and funds, the society hitherto named as “Varishtha Nargrik Samaj” shall receive, hold, accept any fees, contribution, bequests, donations, grants, gifts, assistance, endowments or proceeds thereof from local sources and doner agencies in India or abroad. The income shall be used for promotion and objective of the society detailed above and any other objective not mentioned herein before with the approval of the general body
5. GOVERNING BODY :- The Name, Address, occupation and designation of the present Amended members of the governing body to whom the management of the affairs of the society entrusted as required under Section -2 of the Society Act 1860 are as under:-
6. Desirous persons:- We, the undersigned are desirous of forming a society namely “Varishtha Nagrik Samaj” amended as Varishtha Nagrik Samaj society under Registration Act-1860 in pursuance of the Memorandum of Association of the Society
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Varishtha Nagrik Samaj
The following are the provisions of the Rules and Regulations of the Association
b. Type of members: there will be following types of members enrolled in the organization.
Initially patron member shall be appointed for a period of 5 years which can be extended for a further period of 2 years. This rule will be applicable for new proposals w.e.f. the date of amendment in-force.
for annual members. However, no Registration fee for life members.
A member shall attend General Body meeting, put forth resolutions/no confidence Motion, participate in General election/ voting, shall have right to inspect society’s accounts, members register etc, shall have right to appeal on any issue. The members shall have to follow directions of the managing body and observe rules and regulations/ aims and objectives of the constitution of the organization.
a) General Body defined: The General Body of the organization shall constitute all paid up members.
Total strength Min 16 & Max 21
Besides, there shall be one internal auditor nominated by General Body during election.
10. Power and duties of Office Bearers:
10-2 Vice President:-
10-4 Joint secretary:
10.6. Executive members:
12. Filling of casual vacancy: -
13. Sub Committee (if any) formation/composition/ Terms of reference / Duties and function
14. Sources of income and utilization of funds:-
The organizational source of income shall comprise of the following.
16. Operation of Bank Account:
The accounts of the society shall the operated by the treasurer jointly with president /General Secretary, in a nationalized bank through the saving bank account.
17. Annual list of Managing/Governing Body Executive committee (section – 4 of the Act)
Once in every year a list of newly elected office bearers and executive members of the working body of the society shall be filed with the registrar of society concerned as required under section 4 of the society registration act 1860.
18. Legal proceeding/ Jurisdiction (Section 6 of the Act)
The society may be sued or sue any body in the name of the president/ General secretary as per provisions laid down under section 6 of the society registration Act 1860. The Jurisdiction shall be at the court of Delhi. If for some reason or the other any legal proceeding has to start or interest shown there on in any legal proceeding, it shall be strictly in the interest of senior citizens.
Any amendment in the memorandum of association or rules and regulation of the society shall be carried out in accordance with procedure laid down under section 12 and 12A of the society registration Act. 1860.
19. Dissolution and Adjustment of Affairs:
If the society need to be dissolved, it shall be dissolved under the provision of section 13 and 14 of the society registration Act 1860
20. Application of the Act:
All the provisions under all the Section of the Society Registration Act. 1860 shall also apply to this organization.
21. Essential Certificate:
Certified that this is the correct original copy of Rules & Regulations of this Society.
Sd. Madan Mohan Sd.K.L. Bhat Sd. H.C. Gupta
President Treasurer General Secretary